"The measure of a society is its reverence for its children."
Our Department . . .
- Is committed to providing programs that are high-quality.
- Is financially self- supporting.
- Contributes revenue annually to the NPS General Fund.
- Embraces the goals of the Graduate Profile and works with families to build a foundation for the development of children who are:
~ Analytical Thinkers ~ Continuous Learners
~ Effective Communicators ~ World Class Citizens
~ Quality Contributors
Developing Communities of Learners
Our Programs . . .
- Work in collaboration with the district toward continuous improvement in supporting children’s future academic success.
- Provide safe, nurturing & engaging environments for children.
Our Staff . . .
- Have professional training in Early Childhood Education, Child Development and/or Elementary Education.
- Stay current with the latest research and best practices in the field of Education through on-going professional development.
- Maintain current certification in CPR and First Aid & receive additional medical and safety training.
Our teachers have professional training in early childhood education, child development or elementary education. Many have degrees or are working towards a degree. Teachers are required to maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications.
We continually research best practices in Early Childhood Education and Extended Day Programs. This enables us to provide professional development opportunities that will best meet the needs of our staff. Inservice opportunities are provided on site. In addition, staff are encouraged to attend local and national conferences.
Our department employs approximately 60 staff members. Many of our staff have been employed with us for numerous years. This staff longevity is something in which we take pride. Our low rate of staff turnover allows us to grow together professionally and continually improve in our goal to offer high quality programs.