- Children learn through exploration.
- Learning and development are inseparable and interdependent processes. Children’s learning usually proceeds through a predictable, well-researched developmental pattern.
- The social context is the stage for learning. Autonomy is the key outcome.
- An inquiry, problem-solving approach to curriculum is encouraged.
- Well-designed play environments provide the challenge and motivation for children to extend their thinking into more sophisticated realms.
- Classroom communities are developed by establishing procedures and expectations.
- Connections within and across the curriculum are vital applications of learning.
- We work in partnership with families to support the optimum growth of each child.