: MaynarSa@northvilleschools.orgVision Statement
We believe in recognizing each child as an individual, with a unique personality and unique needs. We value our classroom family, and model respect for our community and for our environment.
Old Village School Full-Day Pre-K
During the first few weeks of school, we will spend time getting acquainted, becoming familiar with the routines, and learning about the classroom and materials. Our daily schedule is flexible but a day will generally go like this…
• 7:00-8:15 a.m. Drop-off in Room 206.
• 8:15 a.m. Other classrooms open. Children dropped off in room 204 will be brought to their classroom.
• 8:15-8:50 a.m. Group Gathering – Welcome song, planning and story
• 8:50-9:10 a.m. Clean-up, Classroom jobs chosen for the day.
• 9:10-9:40 a.m. Breakfast and independent reading time.
• 9:40-10:00 a.m. Group Time: Brain Gym®, movement (dancing, yoga), stories, calendar and weather, discuss the day, recap things children are learning.
• 10:00-11:15 a.m. Teacher led small groups and morning center activities in the classroom such as art, sensory, large motor/construction, dramatic play, fine motor, music, puzzles, science, book area.
• 11:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Clean-up and outdoor play, weather permitting. If unable to go outside due to weather, learning center activities continue as well as large motor activities in the hallway.
• 12:15-1:00 p.m. Lunch.
• 1:00-3:00 p.m. Rest Time.
• 3:00-3:30 p.m. Clean-up rest time gear followed by snack and independent reading time.
• 3:30-5:00 p.m. Afternoon learning centers and outside play, weather permitting.
• 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Rooms combine in room 204 for end of day. Children chose activities in the classroom.
Pick up by 6:00 p.m. Please remember your ID for pick-up at the end of the day.