Half-Day Pre-K 3 year olds
Location: 405 Main Street, Northville, Michigan, 48167
Conveniently located in the Board of Education building in downtown Northville. The Preschool classroom at our Old Village location offers a wide variety of materials and equipment to support children's growth and development. Parking for drop-off/pick-up is available in the lot to the south of the building or curbside.
Classroom Phone: 248-344-3214
We believe in being a partner with our classroom families, community and staff. We recognize diversity, exposing the children to an environment that enables them to take a risk without being afraid, be happy and self-confident.
Half-Day Pre-K Daily Schedule
Tuesday and Thursday
9:00 - 11:45 a.m.
• Welcome students and parents into the classroom
1. Students put things in their cubby
2. Wash hands
3. Put name tag on White Board
4. Explore activities and materials that are offered around the room
• Motor Room (Motor Skills 9:30-10:00)
• Wash hands & Snack
• Large Group- this is a wonderful time to talk with the children about their interests, conversations we may have heard during play, ask questions… In doing this, we are able to understand what the children would like to learn about and provide the appropriate materials throughout the classroom environment.
1. Music & Movement
2. Good Morning Attendance
3. Sharing Bag (show and tell, estimation jar, book…)
4. Weather Graph
5. Story: book, puppets, felt board story…
6. Brain Gym
7. Discuss centers
• Centers and Small Group - this is a great time to observe, interact with the children and document what we see and hear. This is also a great time to assess the children and help them develop to the next level of learning.
• Clean up, pack up back packs and go outside
• Wash hands, go to rug and sing We Had a Good Day Song
• Students put on outdoor gear, grab back packs and sit on rug
• Dismiss one student at a time